Monthly Formulary Amendments Documents are a series of new publications from the RDTC for its Stakeholders. These monthly reports list any NICE Technology Appraisals, NICE Guidelines, RMOC Guidance, MHRA Drug Safety Updates, and National Patient Safety Alerts published in the previous calendar month which may have an impact on local formularies and guidelines. This document is for APCs, and formulary committees to ensure formularies remain up to date, and in line with latest NICE guidance and safety information.
It includes a suggested formulary position for APCs/Formulary Committees, together with a summary of any financial/commissioning implications. The purpose of the document is to support consistent decision making by APCs.
This information is produced for use by NHS healthcare professionals and RDTC stakeholders.
These can all be found on the Formulary amendments page
We’re continuing to develop new outputs to best support our stakeholders across the country, and today we’ve published three new bulletins:
- Antimicrobial prescribing across the North of England. This bulletin provides an update on the current primary care antimicrobial prescribing trends at ICS level in the North of England, specifically focusing on primary care prescribing.
- Reducing the carbon impact of inhalers across the North of England. This bulletin provides baseline figures on the current Inhaler Carbon Footprint at ICS level in the North of England, so that systems can identify the level of response to be undertaken.
- North of England Integrated Care Systems; Overprescribing. This bulletin provides an update on key primary care prescribing trends in the North of England which relate to overprescribing, incorporating polypharmacy.
The RDTC are proud to share our newly updated website. The new site is streamlined to make it easier for you to see everything we produce, and find exactly what you need with a few clicks.
You can visit the site home page to find out more about all of the services hosted by the centre, or head to the Prescribing Support landing page to take a look at the new layout for our content. The new layout allows you to:
- Click on a topic to see everything we produce in that area, from prescribing data analysis to evidence evaluation.
- Click on “search publications” to do some finer searching, filtering outputs by topic and type to find exactly what you need.
You’ll need to re-register using the form at this link to download files, but the form is quick and easy.
We welcome all feedback; please get in touch at email@example.com
The Great North Pharmacy Collaborative Conference was held on Friday 9th July, and the team at the RDTC were pleased to attend. The event was held virtually this year, and the theme was Technology: the great pharmacy enabler. The RDTC team submitted four posters, including three from the prescribing support team.
Our posters were:
- The successes and challenges of remote working in a Regional Medicines Information Centre during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Quantification of Respiratory Inhaler Carbon Footprint in primary care prescribing
- Impact of Flash Glucose Monitoring Prescribing on outcomes in people with Type 1 diabetes mellitus (T1DM)
- Prescribing data (ePACT2) models of ‘regular’ and ‘long term use’
You can view these alongside the rest of the great posters on the AHSN website. Congratulations to the three winning posters, and we look forward to next year’s event!